How to Make a Snack Stadium at Home
Score big points and impress your guests with this DIY snack stadium (or “snackadium”) – built with pizza dough, veggies, and Marzetti® dressings and dips! Here’s how to create this edible food stadium for your next game-day gathering.
What You’ll Need:
- Sheet tray
- 1 rectangular pizza crust
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) jars Marzetti® Ranch Veggie Dip
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups of cauliflower
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) jar Marzetti® Ultimate Blue Cheese Dressing
- 2 large carrots, whole
- Parsley, minced (optional)
- Snacks of your choice (i.e. chicken wings, chips, bread sticks, etc.)
How to Build the Field:
- Place rectangular pizza crust on sheet tray and bake in oven for 8-10 minutes in 425°F, until browned. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Spread Marzetti® Ranch Veggie Dip over the entire cooked pizza crust.
- Top with shredded carrots, chopped peppers, and cheese.
- Use broccoli and cauliflower to create vertical lines resembling the lines of a football field.
- Create “end zones”: Fill two rectangular shallow dishes: one with Marzetti® Ranch Veggie Dip and one with Marzetti® Ultimate Blue Cheese Dressing.
- Use minced parsley to spell team names on top of each dish of dip or dressing (a.k.a. “end zone”).
- Stack the snack-plates (the “stands”) two-plates-high by placing a short, wide glass in between them. Center the glass on the bottom plate, and it will support the top plate.
Recommended snacks: chicken wings, skewers, and raw vegetables. The possibilities are endless! Feel free to be creative.
- Construct “goal posts” by cutting whole carrots into 10 planks. Build each post by using five planks and securing them with toothpicks, poked inside the carrot pieces.
- Set red and yellow cherry tomatoes on the field for the “players.”
- Add decorative mini-flags for display.
Tip: You can find decorative mini-flags in the baking aisle at your grocery store, or make your own using toothpicks and construction paper.
- Save time by buying pre-cut vegetables and already-cooked wings..
- Spice it up by adding a few jalapeño pepper slices in place of the bell pepper.
- For a heartier snack, add smoked sausage, chicken skewers, and sliced cheese to the “stands.”
- Use olives and marinated mushrooms as alternatives to the tomato “players.”
- Use rectangular plates for the “end zones” and “stands” for a more authentic look.