How to Cut and Cook Spaghetti Squash
- Thoroughly wash and dry the spaghetti squash.
- Preheat oven to 400° with the rack set in the middle position.
- Place the spaghetti squash on a cutting board resting lengthwise. Try to find a flat spot (or cut one with your knife) so it won’t roll around.
- Cut the top (stem side) and bottom (blossom side) off the squash and discard.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
- Remove the seeds with a sturdy spoon.
- Drizzle the inside of the squash halves with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place each half, cavity side down, on a baking sheet.
- Roast the squash for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tender, so the flesh can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Cool the squash and, with a sturdy spoon, scoop the flesh from the skin.
- Discard the skin.
- Use the squash in your favorite recipe, or top it with pasta sauce and enjoy!